Witness to girls and women alongside experienced workers
Creating opportunities to have contacts with the girls and women so as to witness to them alongside experienced workers. Applicants, both short term and career workers, will be expected to learn Chadian Arabic in Chad before and during term of ministry. They will be part of the WEC team in Abéché and will be expected to play a full part in the life of that team, sharing its goals and vision. See also Unreached Peoples.
- Mature Christian with good Biblical knowledge.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to a new culture.
- Some cross-cultural training (minimum - WEC Trek course)
- Experience in women's ministry may be useful.
- Have a basic understanding and appreciation of folk Islamic belief and culture.
- French is a pre-requisite for those staying longer than 2 years on the WEC Chad field.
- It would be helpful for short termers to have some French.
- Applicants who have some knowledge of Arabic but not French would be considered.