Medical work and sharing about Jesus
Using medical skills to show the compassion of Jesus and to provide a platform from which to share about Jesus. Applicants are likely to be placed in a government run facility as a volunteer, an arrangement that has been shown to work very well. Medical work is only expected to be part time, the rest of the time is for visiting families and contacts to share the gospel, discipleship of new believers and or Bible teaching, depending on gifting. Career and Short term applicants will be expected to acquire a good level of Chadian Arabic which they will learn in Chad before and during term of ministry. They will be part of a WEC team in one of the towns and will be expected to play a full part in the life of that team, sharing its goals and vision.
- Have a passion for Jesus and good Biblical knowledge.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to a new culture is essential.
- Medical training of any sort is very welcome here in Chad, from basic heath care workers to doctors with high expertise!
- Cross-cultural training (minimum - WEC Trek course).
- Have a basic understanding and appreciation of folk Islamic belief and culture.
- French is a pre-requisite for those staying longer on the WEC Chad field.
- Applicants who know some Arabic but not French will be considered.