Personal evangelism, discipleship, cassette and literature evangelism
N'Djamena provides multiple opportunities for urban mission. These include personal evangelism and discipleship, and cassette and literature evangelism. We work in partnership with the EET church, and there is also a need for encouraging the the Christian peoples from the South of the country to be involved in reaching their neighbours. Applicants will be expected to acquire a good level of Chadian Arabic which they will learn in Chad. They will be part of the WEC team in N'Djamena and will be expected to play a full role in the life of that team.
- Have a passion for Jesus and unreached people.
- Mature Christian with good Biblical knowledge.
- Cross-cultural training.
- A creativity in thinking up ways of making natural contacts with people in the city. Have a basic understanding and appreciation of folk Islamic belief and culture.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to a new culture is essential.
- A knowledge of French is a pre-requisite for career missionaries on the WEC Chad field.
- An applicant who speaks Arabic but not French would also be considered.